While stuck in traffic, if you think about how to drive traffic like this to your website, you, my friend, have driven to the right place!
Websites have become one of the most crucial steps toward small business success because they enable businesses to grow and establish an online presence. Also, a well-developed website is a great tool for learning about your site visitors and turning them into partners and clients. Now comes the real question: How to drive millions of traffic to your website?
Well, it’s indisputably a daunting task, especially in the midst of creating new blog posts, posting on social media, or setting up a new email campaign, to track what is driving traffic to your site.
Let’s know from the basics to garner millions of traffic for your brand!
What is the traffic of a website?
Road Traffic is the number of vehicles on the road, just like that, the volume of users that visit your website is known as website traffic.
What are the types of Web traffic?
You can gain a better understanding of your customers, devise better digital marketing strategies, and know where people are coming from by comprehending the types of website traffic you are experiencing.
Let’s know the types of Web traffic:
- Direct Traffic: As the name goes, the user lands on the website by directly searching the URL, i.e., no online route took them here. Such users are returning and consistent because they must have found value for themselves.
- Referral Traffic: Heard of refer and earn? That’s the concept here. For example, if a user is writing a piece on Indian Spices and finds your blog valuable, thus, adding your blog’s link to their website with due credit. This will garner referral traffic for you. This means your website will gain a lot of authority online and be more trustworthy if you receive external links from reputable sources.
- Social Traffic: Driving traffic through social media is known as Social Traffic. Your website will receive social traffic each time a user clicks on a link that you have embedded in a post, image, or tweet.
- Organic Traffic: Hardest of all to drive because it depends on google ranking. In simple words, when a user reaches your website by SERP (Search Engine Result Page), i.e., no paid ads, it’s called organic traffic.
What are 5 ways to improve website traffic?
- Content Optimization with Keywords: Upgrade your website content with relevant keywords, this is known as Search Engine Optimization (SEO). When you know what keywords people are searching, you’ll be able to make changes and appear at the top of google searches. You can use Google Analytics and Google Search Console to know what terms are used by website users, how often your website appeared in the search result, which term drives more traffic, etc.
- Deliver high-quality & engaging content: Create engaging, high-quality content that addresses an issue or provides a solution to drive traffic to your website. With SEO optimization, offering informative and valuable content ensures retention and re-visiting by online users. Identify your buyer’s persona, conduct SEO research, and use interesting angles. Make sure to use sub-heading for your user to get an idea of the blog.
- Incorporate Digital Ads to garner traffic: Like paid social media posts, you can promote your website and gain traffic. Such ads are placed within websites and blogs to grab the audience’s attention.
- Slide into Mailboxes with website link: An underrated technique to drive website traffic is to reach your target audience with an engaging email, providing information and a route to your website. You can use Newsletters and promotional emails.
- Gain backlinks from reputed sources: Quality backlink is directly proportional to a higher ranking of your website in the google search. It builds authority and boosts credibility among online users.
How can I check website traffic?
You can use AI tools to get insights into how your website is performing and the volume of website traffic you’re getting.
You can go with:
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
What affects website traffic?
The ranking of your business’s website in search engines, the loading time of your Web pages, the design of your website, and the content of your website may all impact your online traffic.
- Search Engine Page Ranking: If your website is not ranking within the top 10, it’ll be daunting to get traffic by organic search. You’ll have to amp up your SEO game.
- Website loading time: The attention span has dropped severely. To retain the audience, your website should load within 30-40secs. If it takes a longer time to load, you’ll lose the customer.
- Layout of your website: Website layout should be user-friendly, i.e., easy to navigate, not a maze to get stuck.
- Website Content: Timely audit your website content because users look for the latest and relevant information. If you’re serving them stale content, your website traffic will dip severely.
How to increase website traffic using social media?
- Uplift the social media platforms that can drive website traffic
- Focus on increasing reach and engagement with TG
- Incorporate referral links using various elements like story, post, and DMs
- Share your website link in social groups
- Go for content marketing to gain social traffic on your website.
Driving traffic online is a challenging and never-ending task, but it’s fruitful in the long run. With trial and error, find the one method that works best for your business to generate traffic and sales!
Also Read :